Usually, most people think that “Find My iPhone” is an excellent feature for us to ensure iPhone security because you can entirely track it. But if you are going to sell your iPhone, you had better turn off Find My iPhone to make sure your privacy remains protected.
If you are a permanent iPhone user then you have surely heard about Find My iPhone function. This is one of the quite wonderful features offered by Apple Inc. accessible for only iOS device users. Find My iPhone allows you to track down your iPhone location if and when it gets stolen or you lost it by chance. Moreover, this feature also enables users to abolish the data regardless of the distance, stops iPhone stolen by Activation lock and helps to find your friends and family by tracking their iPhone mobile from the map.
Generally, I don’t suggest to disable this amazing function unless or until you have a concrete reason behind it. So if you are a new iPhone user and don’t know how to turn off Find My iPhone without iCloud password or with password then please follow the rest of the post carefully.
But what will you do if unfortunately, you forget the password? Luckily, this article will elaborate on how to remove Find My iPhone without password. Let’s have a deep look inside of it.
What is Find My iPhone?
Basically, Find My iPhone feature uses GPS and consumes your iPhone’s cellular data connection to transfer it’s location to iCloud.
You can then find the location of your iPhone, either you can place it in “Lost Mode”, or ring a sound on the mobile to help you find it. Regardless of whether or not the ringer switch is set to silent, the sound will play.
For the mobile phones which don’t have GPS, it uses Wi-Fi triangulation and then networks triangulation to locate your iPhone. Since these services aren’t necessary to be precise, Find My iPhone will show you where approximately the iPhone is, depending on the maximum range of the technology used to locate it.
Why need to Turn off Find My iPhone?
Do you really know what is Find My iPhone? It aims to track and find your lost or stolen iPhone when you need it.
Find my iPhone feature is an amazing service for Apple Phones. With Find My iPhone feature, you can,
- Find your iDevice/ Locate it
- You can play a sound if you missed it nearby
- Track your iDevice by Lost Mode
- Remotely Delete your Data
- Use Activation Lock to secure iDevice
- Prevent your iPhone stolen by Activation Lock.
- Look for your iPhone according to play a sound.
- Delete the data of iPhone regardless of the distance.
- From the map, you can search for any Apple device of your friends or families.
- Go to the lost mode in order to locate your device.
So Why Should You Disable it While using iPhone:
If someone steals your iPhone, iPad or any iDevice with Find My iPhone Feature Enabled (Turned On), the thief can Disable Find My iPhone, delete your data and you have to nothing to do with that.
If you Disable (Turn Off) Find My iPhone, no one can do anything because Only Owner (or anyone knows your Apple ID and Password ) can log onto your iDevice and the thief cannot erase your data or do anything.
Some extra reason to Disable it:
- Find my iPhone feature drain battery 3 times faster than usual while running in the background
- Find my iPhone disables Restore feature of your iPhone when you forget the password.
- Disabling the feature before selling the device to a new user will make sure that the new user cannot access any of your personal information and files. It also astray them from using the device to access your personal iCloud account.
Method 1. Turn Off Find My iPhone without Password – iMyFone LockWiper
Turn off “Find My iPhone” without a password seems to be impossible. Though, with iMyFone LockWiper, it may be much easy for you to turn this feature off in iPhone without entering any password. If you forgot the password for your Apple ID or iCloud account, you can use an iPhone Passcode Unlocker such as LockWiper to remove it without hassle.
- Disable Find My iPhone lock from without requiring for the iCloud ID or password.
- Fully remove iCloud account and Apple ID from iPhone without leaving traces even when Find My iPhone is enabled in mere minutes.
- Your iPhone won’t be tracked by the previous account, you can rest assured to use a new account.
- Easily bypass screen lock (passcodes, Face ID or Touch ID) when iPhone is locked, disabled or even with a broken screen.
- Quickly unlock restrictions or screen times passcode without restoring or erasing.
Steps to Turn off “Find My iPhone” with iMyFone LockWiper:
Download, install and launch iMyFone LockWiper either on your Mac or Windows PC and choose the “Unlock Apple ID” mode.
Connect your iPhone to the computer, unlock the mobile screen, and select “Trust” from your iPhone screen if you have not trusted the OS in the past.
Click “Start to Unlock” option to permanently delete the Apple ID and iCloud account presently linked with your iPhone.
If Find My iPhone is enabled on the device, you will need to reset all settings on your iOS device. To restore all settings, follow the given pattern.
- Go to Settings
- Then General
- Finally, Reset All Settings
Instantly you confirm to reset all settings, your iPhone will reboot, and at the end, iMyFone LockWiper will start to unlock your Apple ID and iCloud account.
Once the job is done, the previous Apple ID and iCloud account will no longer be registered in the device. You can now set up your device with a distinct Apple ID or create a new one.
When it’s done, the Find My iPhone is disabled on your device and the iCloud account is removed. LockWiper provides a free trial allowing you to check out whether your device is supported or not.
Method 2. Turn off Find My iPhone By Erase iCloud Account Information
If your iPhone is just lost or stolen, you can erase your iCloud Account Information if you set up “Find My iPhone” on the mobile before it was lost. If you have set up Family Sharing, you can erase your family members’ devices as well.
Note: Before you erase your iPhone, try to find it or play a sound on it. After you completely erase it, you will be unable to use Find My iPhone to do either.
Erase your iCloud Account Information:
- If you only find Numbers, Pages, Keynotes, and Settings on the iCloud website, it means your account just has access to iCloud web-only functions. To get access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iPhone.
- Click All Devices, then choose the device you want to erase.
- In the device’s Info window, click Erase [device].
- To erase an iPhone device: Enter your Apple ID password or your family member’s Apple ID password. If the iPhone you’re erasing has iOS 7 or later, enter a phone number and message. The number and message are shown on the screen after the iPhone is erased.
After you erase the iCloud Information:
- If your iPhone is online, the remote erase begins. A confirmation email is sent to your Apple ID email address in order to confirm the action.
- If your iPhone is offline, the remote erase begins the next time when you are online.
- If you erase then find your iPhone, you can retrieve the information on the phone using iCloud Backup (if the backup was taken before you erased it) or iTunes. For an iPhone that doesn’t have the latest iOS version, get the user guide for iPhone from the Apple Support Manuals website.
Method 3. Turning off Find My iPhone By using DNS
First of all, you must know that before proceeding toward the process that it is only feasible if your iPhone is running iOS 8 or 9, then you can use a foreign DNS server to Turn off Find My iPhone quite easily. The process to do this is quite straightforward.
- Open Settings app on your iPhone.
- Direct to ‘WIFI’ and click on the information icon in that section to launch the DNS server.
- Now input 22.214.171.124 if you are in USA or input 126.96.36.199 if you are in Europe.
- Tap the back arrow and then tap Done option to complete the action.
- Now begin to disable Find My iPhone feature via the standard method.
We hope our article was quite east and able to illuminate your query regarding How to Turn Off Find My iPhone feature. We have tried our best to deliver the easiest and most efficient ways for the solution. If you have any better method in your mind to solve the problem better then feel free to share it with us. In case you’re still suffering the same problems after following our methods then it would be great to contact with high technicians for better guidance.