After getting a new iPhone, your first concern will be transferring your whole data from old iPhone to new iPhone and if you don’t know how to transfer data from one iPhone to another, no need to worry, In this article, we will be discussing how to perform data transfer iPhone to iPhone.
When you have done working through this post your new iPhone will look exactly the same as your old iPhone. Even with the previous wallpaper, applications ordered in the same way and saved in the same folders and so on. The only difference will be the way your iPhone looks and how fast it is!
We should be thankful to iPhone and iCloud, they made this very easy for us and accessible at anywhere if you are connected a network. In this post, we will show how to set up a new iPhone from a previous mobile backup, and how to transfer iPhone to iPhone if recovery from a backup isn’t possible.
Why You Want to Transfer Everything From One iPhone to Another
There is no specific condition for which you would like to transfer your mobile data from one to another. There can be any reason which forces to transfer your iPhone data. In this era, there might be a person with having no smartphone and most of the mobile users prefer the iPhone due to its numerous features. Among other key features, the iPhone provides a facility to backup your important data on your iCloud or iTunes account. Which you can recover anytime anywhere. These days a lot of people only use their iPhones because of capturing photographs and videos. The purpose to transfer data can be due to anything. You might purchase a new iPhone, or you want to free up some space on your iPhone or something else. So don’t get confused and do what you want.
What You Should Know Before Transfer Everything From iPhone to iPhone
Before transferring your data from old iPhone to new iPhone, there are a few things that you must know. There are two most obvious methods for transferring data from one iPhone to another, which are iCloud Backup or iTunes Backup. For both of these methods, the steps are almost similar. First, you backup one of the iPhone, and then you easily recover that back up to the second iPhone. This is quite easy, but there are also some restrictions that come with these strong methods. We have also discussed them in the below topics.
Method 1. Transfer Everything From One iPhone to Another with An iPhone Data Transfer – AnyTrans
The best method always goes first. If you want to avoid iTunes or iCloud data transfer shortcomings, we would love to firstly show you an alternative of iCloud or iTunes– AnyTrans, to help you transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. (It also work for other operating systems like Android as well).
Usually for most users, transferring data from one iPhone to another iPhone using iTunes or iCloud is the first option that comes to mind. However, you can’t determine what to transfer. And the iTunes and iCloud restore will automatically erase the current data on your iPhone. Moreover, both iTunes and iCloud can’t backup your whole data completely.
Therefore, I highly suggest you an amazing iPhone to iPhone transfer application – AnyTrans data transfer for iOS, which is a significant and complete iPhone transfer software and fits easily into your iPhone Upgrade. AnyTrans for iPhone is suitable with the following key features, like:
- AnyTrans allows you to transfer 24+ types of data types to your new iPhone, counting Photos, Contacts, Messages, Notes, even some data that aren’t supported by iTunes/iCloud, such as non-purchased music, movies, ringtones, etc.
- Enable you to transfer everything to the new iPhone with just one click or either you can selectively transfer data from one iPhone to another. A preview of all the iPhone files and data is displayed on the system screen.
- Comes with super-fast transferring speed.
- Guaranteed 100% Safe & Secure. During this process, all the data on your old iPhone and the new iPhone will be kept safe. You won’t lose any data or file during the transfer.
- If you have already created an iTunes or iCloud backup, it can help you retrieve data from the previous backups without performing a full reset on your new iPhone. The great thing is that no existing data on your new iPhone will be removed.
Steps to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone with AnyTrans:
Follow these simple steps to transfer the whole data from one iPhone to another iPhone.
Step 1. First of all, free download AnyTrans on your computer. Then Install and run it.
Step 2. Simultaneously connect both the old iPhone and the new one to the computer with the USB cable. You will see two options there on the AnyTrans home screen. Choose among both Clone Device or Merge Device.
Clone Device: Suits for those who are using totally new iPhone and doesn’t have any data on it. Clone Device feature will clone all the selected data and files from old iPhone to new iPhone including XS (Max)/XR/X/8/7/6s/6, and the data on the new iPhone will be removed during transferring.
Merge Device: Suits for those users whose iPhone has already been used. Merge Device will transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone including almost all iPhone versions XS (Max)/XR/X/8/7/6s/6 and the existing data on the new iPhone will remain intact during the data merging process.
Step 3. After this, follow the following sequence: Clone Device > Select the target device > Click Right Arrow to go to the next step.
Step 4: Mark the data categories that you want to transfer to the new iPhone, like Photos, Messages, Contents, Apps, etc., and then click the Right Arrow. Do nothing, wait for the process to finish.
Step 5. If you don’t want to transfer all data on the old iPhone to new iPhone except some particular data type(s), then skip this process and jump to the category page which you can find at the first page. And there you can see all data types on your old iPhone.
Step 6. Then select the detailed data type. For example, here we assume Photos > Photo Library as an example. Next, choose the photos that you want to transfer to new iPhone > Click on Send to Device button to start transferring them.
Method 2. Transfer Everything From One iPhone to Another Using iTunes
Another excellent way to transfer data between iPhones is by simply using iTunes. This is most probably one of the most popular methods, although it is not considered as the best choice. Here is how you can transfer your data using iTunes.
- The very first thing you have to do is connect your iPhone device to an accessible computer/laptop and launch iTunes setup.
- Then click on the Help menu and check for updates. If there are any updates available, then install it first.
- Click on your device icon from the AnyTrans Data Transfer screen.
- From the summary page, click the Back Up Now option.
- Wait for a while until it completely backs up your data. You can check to make sure it backed up correctly by visiting these links- iTunes Preferences > Devices. There will be a list of devices as well as the date when they were backed up. Search for yours.
- Next, turn on the other iPhone until you see a Hello screen. Quickly press the Home button and follow the instructions until you see the Apps & Data option on the screen.
- Hit the Restore iTunes From Backup button and then tap Next.
- Plug the iPhone into your system.
- Open up iTunes, then hit click on your mobile device icon.
- In the summary page, from available backup options, click on Restore Backup option.
- Choose a backup to restore from, then wait for the iTunes to finish its job. That’s it, you can proceed with the setup instructions on the second iPhone.
Method 3. Transfer Everything From One iPhone to Another iPhone Using iCloud
Here I am with another great method to transfer your whole data from one iPhone to another. Transferring data from one iPhone to another iPhone using iCloud is quite simple and straightforward. Here is how you transfer iPhone to iPhone:
- First of all, sign out of all of your user accounts and unpair any connected devices from your iPhone from which data is being transferred, for example, it can be your Apple Watch.
- Make sure that the old iPhone device has a strong internet connection.
- On your iPhone, follow the sequence of following actions, go to your Settings >Click on your Apple ID> iCloud > iCloud Backup. Turn iCloud Backup feature on by tapping the toggle button.
- Your phone will now try to take back up of data to iCloud. Wait for the first iPhone to finish the backup process.
- Turn on the second iPhone. Considering, it’s new, it will appear with an introductory Hello screen.
- Just push the Home button and follow the instructions on the screen until you are asked to connect with a WiFi network. Join with a network, and then continue to the following instructions.
- When you reach the Apps & Data screen, keep in mind, where it says Restore From iCloud Backup. Click on that, then press the Next button.
- You will be requested to sign in. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- From the list, select the backup from which you want to transfer (most probably the latest one).
- Now, wait until the backup is retrieved. After this is finish, you can continue your setup easily by following the instructions on the screen.
Hope so with the help of the full guide on how to transfer everything from one iPhone to another iPhone, you must have transferred everything that you want to see in your new iPhone. If you have any confusion regarding this post, please leave your comment below and we will answer you as soon as possible.