For Android Users: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 10.5″
The Most Affordable: Fire HD 10 Tablet with Alexa Hands-Free
If you are in search of the best tablet for watching movies, you’re in the right place.
Tablets come from different brands but not all are worth investing it. Choosing the best tablet can be a challenge; however, getting the right tablet can meet your communication, entertainment and work needs.
In this case, you need a tablet that gives you an immersive movie experience both at home and on the move. We looked at factors such as design, display, battery life and sound quality that go a long way in giving you a fantastic streaming experience.
In this article, we have listed the best tablet for movies in 2020. The list will help you get a suitable tablet for your streaming needs.
- iPad Pro ticks all the right buttons in terms of providing a comprehensive immersive movie experience. This tablet is rich in features from powerful speakers to an amazing retina display. iPad Pro is the best tablet for movies. Besides, it is great at multitasking. It can handle virtually anything you throw at it from gaming, drawing, browsing the internet to taking high-quality videos and pictures.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is undoubtedly the best Android tablet for streaming movies. However, it doesn’t offer enough to make it worth ditching your iPad Pro. Tab S6 is a rare Android tablet capable of doing much more.
- Amazon’s Fire HD 10 tablet offers a sharp display and integrates hands-free Alexa making it an amazing option at this price point. The 10.1-inch is good enough to stream 1080p videos and provides good viewing angles.
- Lenovo Tab M10 comes with a 10.1-inch full HD screen and internal hardware similar to the more expensive Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5. As you watch movies on this tablet, they will appear sharp enough. The IPS screen of the Lenovo Tab M10 gives you wide viewing angles with good contrast and color reproduction.
- Though Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite is not perfect it is among the better performing mid-range Android tablets. It is ideal for multimedia consumption thanks to its nice display, loudspeakers and good battery life that can get you through a prolonged Netflix binge.
Who Should Get This?
If you are an avid movie enthusiast, then tablets are worth considering. One best tablet for streaming make streaming movies as you snuggle in bed the best form of entertainment. They offer the perfect solution for you if regularly find yourself streaming movies on your smartphone or laptop. Tablets can be used to stream movies or live television. If you always to be in the zone as you stream movies, tablets provide an added peace of mind since no one will interfere with the tablet as you stream.
For an immersive movie experience, you need best tablet for streaming video which offers the best video quality and sound quality. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered. We’ve listed tablets that provide an adequate screen for watching movies compared to smartphones. Besides, these tablets provide an easier way of streaming movies and television shows as you go compared to using a laptop.
However, if you are not into movies or streaming videos online, the tablets here may not be appropriate for you. Some of these tablets are great at multitasking while others are only great at streaming content online. So, if you have a movie to catchup on, the tablets here provide adequate features for an amazing movie experience.
How We Picked the Best Tablets for Watching Movies?
The tablet screen is an important factor to consider. There are three main types of screens used in tablets and smartphones. First, IPS screens are arguably the best in terms of view angle and color accuracy. This offers you a natural color viewing experience without color changes when you view from certain angles. Choosing a tablet with IPS technology is a plus since it offers you an immersive experience.
Second, AMOLED displays deliver the highest contrast and use less energy. Its colors are brighter and punchier than IPS. So, a tablet with an AMOLED display is an excellent choice for those of us who like to stream movies. Third, TN displays are great for gaming since they provide the highest response time and refresh rate. The view angle and the color quality are not good so they are not good for watching movies.
The two recommended screen types are AMOLED and IPS for an immersive movie experience while you finding a best iPad for movies. IPS display provides natural color quality and AMOLED displays offer high contrast which make the color more vibrant.
Screen size and resolution
A decent tablet for watching movies should have a screen that ranges from 8 to 11 inches. Anything bigger than 11 inches can be a challenge to carry. A tablet with a big display ensures you can watch without straining your eyes. Also, the tablet should at least be able to stream 1080p for high-quality HD video.
This another necessary factor to consider as you choose the best movie streaming tablet. Failure to consider this, you may have to watch your favorite movie while your tablet is charging. Usually, the battery life in tablets is tested by continuously playing a video when the device is in airplane mode. Watching videos drains the battery faster, so make sure you choose a best tablet for watching movies that can withstand your streaming marathon. Going for a tablet that has at least 10 hours of battery life is a great choice.
Lightweight tablets offer the best movie streaming experience. However, if it has extra weight because of a durable metal casing, it is worth it. If you have children, then it becomes crucial to have a best tablet for watching movies offline/online with a durable body which may add some weight.
While choosing a best tablet for streaming videos, do not forget about sound quality. Besides, if you usually use wired or wireless headphone this may not matter to you. However, if you stream freely, then you need to go for a tablet with good sound quality.
Best Tablets for Watching Movies: Our Picks in 2020
1. For iOS Users: Apple iPad Pro (11-inch, Wi-Fi, 512GB)
The Apple iPad Pro is the ultimate tablet for any movie junkie with deep pockets. iPad Pro has a slim design characterized by a thin bezel and no home button. This provides the ideal immersive experience when streaming content. Also, thanks to its four powerful speakers, the quality of the sound is on a different level making it the best tablet for watching movies. It boasts of a top-notch 11-inch screen with a liquid retina display. The resolution in this tablet delivers life-like bright colors making it the best iPad for movies. Also, its large storage makes it the best tablet for watching movies offline after downloading them on to the iPad. It has enough space to store dozens of high-quality movies and television shows.
At a glance:
- The package includes an iPad Pro, 18W USB-C power adapter and USB-C charge cable (1m)
- iPad Pro offers up to 10 hours streaming via Wi-Fi or 9 hours on a cellular network
- It comes with A12Z bionic chip that makes it faster than most PCs
Some recommended movies include Run, Bloodshot, Deadpool 2, Bad Boys for Life, Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Retina display that provides the highest level of color accuracy
- Good battery life
- A lot of storage space suitable if you want to download movies to watch later
- Slimmest design
- Provides the best sound quality
- Very expensive
2. For Android Users: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 10.5″
If you want the best Android tablet for watching movies, then Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 offers a gorgeous display. No other Android tablet can rival the 10.5-inch Super AMOLED display you get with Galaxy Tab S6. The screen supports HDR video content which is increasingly offered by streaming websites like YouTube and Netflix. Also, watching a non-HDR video on the 2560 x 1600 – pixel display on this tablet is amazing.
Everything on the super AMOLED screen looks crisp thanks to the high resolution. It gives rich colors with black color remaining as dark as night. Also, dim scenes are easy to see thanks to how the screen can get. You will also benefit from HDR10+ when watching HDR movies since it increases contrast. So, Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is the best tablet for downloading movies and watching movies on Android. With its specs, it is the best tablet for downloading movies to watch them offline on Android.
At a glance:
- The package includes the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, S-Pen, USB-C cable, and USB power adapter
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 offers up to 15 hours of video playback
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor can handle all your streaming needs comfortably
Some recommended movies include Blade Runner, The Martian, Deadpool, Star Trek Beyond, Skyscraper.
- 2-in-1 tablet: Can instantly transform from a tablet into a PC by attaching a keyboard with a trackpad
- Best display quality in any Android device: The tablet uses premium super AMOLED technology
- Enough storage to archive your movies
- Excellent battery life
- Good at multitasking
- Keyboard sold separately
- A bit expensive
3. The Most Affordable: Fire HD 10 Tablet with Alexa Hands-Free
Fire HD 10 from Amazon is a very efficient and affordable tablet for movies on a budget. The HD display together with its healthy battery life and decent stereo speakers puts it among the best tablets for streaming movies. Its 1080p full HD display allows you to enjoy widescreen videos. It is a good option for streaming your favorite television shows and movies, especially for Amazon Prime users. Also, it allows you to stream movies on other platforms like Hulu and Netflix. It comes with a 10-inch IPS screen which is nice for watching movies.
At a glance:
- The package includes a Fire HD 10 tablet, quick guide, 9W power adapter, and USB 2.0 cable
- Provides up to 10 hours of video streaming and surfing the internet
- It is equipped with a powerful quad-core processor that provides a good performance streaming movie
Some recommended movies: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Blood Letter, Legendary.
- Good battery life
- Comes with a Dolby stereo speakers
- Has a full HD screen
- Durable design
- Heats up when used for long
Another best tablet for movies worth considering is the Lenovo Tab M10 HD 10.1. Besides watching movies, you can also use this tablet to do other online activities. The tablet comes with everything needed to enjoy watching movies putting it among the best tablets for streaming movies. It is equipped with dual front speakers, HD display and high resolution. You will like the sound and the vibrant and clear images. Also, Dolby Atoms technology and powerful audio will give you a fulfilling and immersive movie experience.
At a glance:
- It comes with a decent 4850mAh battery that gives you ample time (8 hours) before recharging. It’s not the best but it is certainly good at this price point
- Lenovo Tab M10 HD 10.1 is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 429 capable of handling all your browsing and streaming needs
Some recommended movies: Fast & Furious, John Wick, Avengers: Endgame, Triple Frontier, Rambo: Last Blood.
- HD display that ensures your movies are crisp clear
- Quality sound from the dual-front facing speakers that use Dolby Atoms technology
- Not able to multitask
The Huawei MediaPad M5 lite comes with a brilliant 10.1-inch FHD display that ensures you see everything as you watch your favorite movies. To enhance your movie experience, the tablet uses Huawei ClariVu technology that improves display clarity and brightness. Also, it has powerful, fine-tuned speakers. The quad-speaker system in this tablet was designed in collaboration with Harman Kardon. So, the speakers are optimized to provide you less distortion and more bass. Also, it provides improved eye-comfort mode which decreases harmful blue light to ensure your eyes are not exhausted as you watch movies on your tablet. While looking for a best tablet for watching movies, take consider this Huawei M5 lite for its excellent configuration.
At a glance:
- It comes with a 7500mAh battery which allows you to stream 1080p videos for 12 hours if your screen brightness is set properly and the battery is fully charged
- Huawei MediaPad M5 lite runs on a Kirin 659 octa-core processor that gives you great performance as you browse and stream your favorite movies
Some recommended movies: Animal 2, Close Range, Underwater, Jumanji: The Next Level.
- Delivers amazing sound quality: The speaker system in this tablet delivers a great sound that immerses you into the movie scene
- Long battery life: This tablet promises up to 13 hours of video time
- Good build quality
- Quality display
- Relatively small storage space
- Mediocre performance
Although movie theaters offer an amazing experience, they cannot be carried around. These tablets provide you the best option of carrying your entertainment wherever you are. Regardless of whether you want to stream new releases or old favorites, having the best tablet for watching movies will always give you an immersive movie experience.
If you are not ready to spend a lot of money on a movie tablet, then settle for an Android tablet with full HD and at least 32GB internal capacity. Also, it should have at least 8 hours of battery life and 2GB memory.
These are enough to start uninterrupted video streaming regardless of whether you use Hulu, Netflix or Amazon. However, if you are an advanced user and you want better specs, iPad Pro is a great choice provided it fits your budget.